Thursday 3 July 2014

Pop of Orange

Oh hello there!

Long time no see! It's weird how long a week feels like blogging wise. It's been a pretty hectic one but now i'm back and raring to go as well as feeling pretty chuffed because recently found out that I was awarded one of the runners-up for the ASOS Fashion Finder awards! Whoopa! I was so happy to even be nominated (biggest cliche ever? But seriously I really was!) so to get down to the final four runners-up was so great and a big boost! So I just wanted to say thank you so much if you gave my picture some love on there. 
Now onto the outfit... Lots of newbies thanks to the lovely sale!
Like everyone I love a good sale, but i'm not afraid to admit that the thought of actually being amongst one does terrify and stress the life out of me and so I can only really do it online. And why go into town on a beaut sunny day like today when instead you could be frazzling yourself happily with a book and some coke with a slica lemon?
During the sales every shop seems like Primark on speed. Especially Topshop and my local Zara. But online everything is all calm and set out neatly. There is no pushy girl next to you slyly bashing you out of the way with her mound of 30+ items she will buy in panic, regret and then end up selling on Ebay. There are no piles of clothes on the floor that my old shop assistant self instinctively feels like I should be tidying away and most of all, there isn't a queue to a dingy sweat box that is a changing room. Instead I will get lots of lovely deliveries and have my nice spacious bedroom to try them all on in, snap away and then proceed to post them on Instagram to share my joy with you all.
 Speaking of Instagram, if you enjoy my blog and are interested in more frequent outfit of the day snaps or what i've just bought or been eyeing up recently then definitely check out mine at @juliaindisguise. I'm constantly on Instagram as it's just so quick to snap away and share what i'm loving and also a great way to find more fashion inspiration from the likes of you guys! 
I got these white joggers from River Island for a lovely £10 instead of £30 and they are so friggin soft and comfy! I kind of wished i'd got them a size up now as I feel they should be a little baggier but for ten quid i'm not going to worry too much. I paired them with my New Look sandals which are super comfy thanks to the block heel and my Zara top (yet another bargain at five squid!) and then my denim jacket for when it gets cooler. Although at this point I was so blaady warm the jacket wasn't really needed.
Then for my bag I used my brand new Zara sale (yes, again) orange clutch! It's actually an over the should bag but I just tucked the chain in as I think it looks a little more classic this way. This bag definitely completes the outfit in a great way and adds a pop of colour it needs. I knew I needed a bright bag for all my white and monochrome looks and for £9.99 I wasn't going to turn it down. I am loving the burnt orange at the moment and would quite like a coat this colour I feel. Here's to searching this autumn/winter. 
Have you guys braved the summer sales yet? 

Julia x 
 Jacket - Urban Outfitters, Joggers - River Island, Bag (only green left online) and Top - Zara, Shoes - New Look, Silver chain - H&M
Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments :

  1. Julia you look amazing, I absolutely love this look!

    Lindsey x
    Ropesofholland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Defs my fave look of yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! xx

    http://nastyadts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag looks amazing with this outfit! Can't believe you got the joggers for only a tenner! They do look comfy!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style,
    Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Julia, so stunning. I just adore this x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit!!

    Emma, www.emmablogwriter.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing, love the outfit. I adore the pop of colour!x

    Electra-violet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love this outfit with that pop of orange

    tresenvogue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx