Thursday 10 July 2014

Spots & Stripes

Hello lovelies!

Here's a rather ladylike outfit for you all! It was another beaut day in good old England but unfortunately there was a large amount of blaady wind so lots of lucky folk, including a group of boys coming out of school, got to see my bum. Probably scarred them for life, but there we are. I really need to invest in those cycling shorts to wear underneath, but then I sometimes wonder is someone seeing you wearing, in their eyes, giant white short style pants, much better?
I feel slightly parisian with the stripes and spots mix. I really like the mixing of patterns, but I separated it with this chunky red belt and my sandals. I think when you're contrasting patterns its important to have a separate block of colour as it compliments and completes the look really well. I've had this skirt for years now but definitely haven't worn it enough considering how much I like it. However, when I saw this top I knew it would go so well and thus my skirt is welcomed back happily into the world again! I really love how the spots change in size from the front to the back, from small to large. Sometimes I twist it round a little so that the front is half n half. It's from Miss Sixty - remember that? I had a massive love for that shop back in the day.


I got this top fairly recently in the lovely H&M sale. I went stripe crazy in that delivery and ordered around 5 stripy tops. I didn't seem to have any in the whole of my wardrobe which was weird. I've got a black and white striped (seriously, how many more times can I say striped?) t-shirt now and as soon as I put it on it completes an outfit straight away and adds that parisian laid back vibe to any look. Definitely going to invest in a few more soon - maybe in cropped versions. 

For my handbag I wore this little vintage bag. It's one of my mums from the 70s or 80s and I love it. The little silver handle is so delicate and unique - I haven't seen many bags like this. She has so many great little vintage bags and I loved how well this colour matched with the blue stripes and spots on my top and skirt.  
I can't believe it's Friday already tomorrow - not that i'm complaining. Life is just going too friggin fast at the moment. Aaaaah! In five months it will be 2015. WHAT!? 

I hope you're all good! Julia x
Sorry about no links here - every item is either sale, old or vintage! 
Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments :

  1. Haha! Trust me, we all had that Marilyn Monroe moment! I'm loving your hair here. So classy:)

    http://www.stripedlune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa so glad i'm not the only one! Ahh thank you so much! x

      Delete
  2. I love this look! I also went stripe crazy in the sales.. you can never have too many stripes!

    http://fashionfoundme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contrast between stripes & polka dots is spot on. Pun not even intended! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha can't stop a good pun. Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  4. I love this outfit! So vintage and pretty! The stripes and the spots are going so well together, I would have never thought about putting them together!

    http://prettyassummer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! Glad you like the pattern mixing x

      Delete
  5. I need this skirt! Loving the mix between spots and stripes too, let's hope this wonderful weather continues! x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, absolutely divine girl x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely combination, you can't go wrong with pairing stripes and dots together!!

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you styled this mixed print look!! The red belt and shoes are the perfect touch!
    xo Kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a really good look darling- nice skirt!

    instagram.com/bloggernation

    facebook.com/bloggernation.co

    Bloggernation.co

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx