Thursday 24 July 2014

White Birkenstocks


...or more accurately faux white Birkenstocks. Yep I jumped on the Birkenstock/pool slider bandwagon and I am not sorry. They are comfy as hell and they can be worn with pretty much everything! However, I know that in a couple months these will be near impossible to wear for a long while (unless some miracle in the name of the lottery sends me on holiday...) so I thought why pay £50 for the real ones when you can get these Topshop ones for half the price instead?
This look has been a very go-to outfit for me recently - except very recently where i've been channelling basically nothing but bikinis thanks to this beaut weather recently. Bring on the tan/sunburn and peel. I can't believe the last post I did was last Sunday! I've been down in London for the last week and I didn't have a computer to blog, so i've felt very out of it this past week. Bah!
I went down originally for a long weekend but ended up staying a tad longer because I love it so! I was invited to the ASOS Fashion Finder brunch on Friday for coming runner up in the 'Ones to Watch' category. It was so much fun and i'm so glad I could make it! It was great finally getting to meet some fellow fashion bloggers as well as the ASOS and Urban Outfitters teams. Everyone was so lovely, the food was great and the venue was really cool. I'm going to do a whole post chatting about that though in my next one, once I snap some better pictures of what I wore that day as the iphone ones aren't the best. 
Anyway on to the outfit! I love the chilled out parisian vibes this outfit brings. I mentioned in one of my recent posts how obsessed I am with breton tops recently and this one is no exception. I bought it in the recent H&M sale for around five quid and you can't really go wrong. I can just chuck it on and it automatically brings out that chic, laid-back feel to anything I wear. I also like that it's got short sleeves as i'm not the biggest fan of my arms so strappy tops are quite rare for me. 
I then wore my pajama-comfy River Island joggers and my new white Birkenstocks to finish off the laid back look. These sandals are so friggin comfortable! I am a 5.5 but I got them in a 6 as the five were a little too small. I couldn't decide for ages weather to get them in black or white but as i've already got a black pair of sandals I thought these were a good compromise. They look so effortlessly chic with everything you wear them with. And so both my ugly shoe and white obsession continues...
What do you guys think of the Birkenstock/pool slider trend?

Julia x
Top - H&M (sale), Leather Jacket - All Saints, White Joggers - River Island, Faux Birkenstocks - Topshop, Backpack - TK Maxx, Sunglasses - Monki
Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments :

  1. I so like the birk trend but I haven't bought any myself as I don't know if I would actually wear them! Love your white ones though!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gorrrgeousss lady!! You look stunning, loving the sandals with this look! xx

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is just utter perfection, I adore it! Divine Julia x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to get some actual real Birkenstocks in my life, investment piece? I love this look it's definitely something I'd wear.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! I'm loving the sliders trend

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've inspired me to take the plunge and wear white trousers! another perfectly wonderful look xx

    lockettspockets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Birkenstock but only the Madrid model, the one with only one small stripe. instead I love so much with outfit with the leather jacket! nice<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! But I am wondering getting a black one. BIRKENSTOCK Platform sandals

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx