Monday 11 August 2014

ASOS Blogger Style Challenge: The Missguided Co-ord 5 ways - Look #1

Last week I was challenged by the ASOS Fashion Finder team to pick a Missguided co-ord and style it through my own personal style in five different ways! Seeing as I absolutely adore styling and as soon as I buy anything new i'm running up to my bedroom to work out all the different ways I can wear it, I had no hesitation of accepting the challenge!
Whenever I consider buying a piece of clothing I always think about at least 5 different ways I could wear it. This is why I don't own as many dresses or jumpsuits as I would like because they are less easy to style in various ways. I may see a top or skirt etc. that I think is amazing but unless I can think of a few different ways I can style it and get genuinely excited about pairing it with things already in my wardrobe, I won't bother. Because, after all what is the point of having something so great but you can only wear it once in a blue moon? I want to be able to mix and match, dress up or down and be as inventive with my wardrobe as possible.

I'll run, grab the item and turn to stare at my friends and say 'ooh wouldn't this look great with this...or paired with that...it's such an investment piece!' and they then stare at me like a crazy and tell me not to buy it as i'm too poor - which I almost always decide not to hear. If I can make sure it will be something I can wear a lot and therefore 'an investment piece' all guilt about getting out my battered card and walking to that till goes right out the shop door.
Therefore, I knew I was going to fully embrace this challenge. In fact, I found it hard to just style five outfits and ended up having 8 to choose from..eek. This is why I love co-ords so much; they can be worn together or worn separately with other pieces. They are also super easy just to stick on especially on lazy days whilst still managing to look really well put together with very minimal effort. I definitely need a few more co-ords in my life. I think this coming autumn will be all about the trouser suits for me. Ahhhh. The choices I was given for the Missguided range was insane! They are really on top of their game at the moment and all the co-ords are so friggin beaut, really great for summer and very affordable.
 This one fits like a complete dream and the material feels so soft and just generally a lovely piece! I ordered this particular one because I loved the cut out pattern on both the skirt and the top and the boxy fit of the top. I also definitely do not own enough shorter skirts and straight away I got a tennis/sports esque vibe from it which you will see in one of my future outfits.  I have decided to show each of my looks in five different posts across this week because, well firstly why not, and secondly I think that way you can get a better idea of what the outfits look like and I can go into more detail - and you know how much I love to do that. If you're interested in seeing all five of my looks then you can check them out here on the ASOS Fashion Finder page.
My first outfit shows the co-ord styled together in quite a ladylike and classic way. I loved pairing this summery piece with the long duster coat and hat as I felt they added a chic feel to the look. I made sure to add a pop of colour in the form of this Zara bag. As much as I do love a full monochrome outfit, I sometimes feel that a pop of colour in the form of a swipe of red lippy, some bright shoes or a bag add something a little bit more to a look and really draw the eye to you. 

For me, it's all about adding a fun element to every look and I hope that's what I bought about in the 60s style cat-eye sunglasses and burnt orange bag. I think this look is probably one of my favourites and is a perfect transitional outfit. You can go from having lunch with friends to a few drinks with the girls or with that special someone in the evening, just by taking off the hat and sunglasses and adding a bright lip, without the need to rush home to change. 

Look out for outfit 2 tomorrow!

Julia x
TOP & SKIRT - c/o Missguided, COAT - ASOS, MULES (similar) - New Look, BAG (similar) - Zara, Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters (sale), Hat - TK Maxx

7 comments :

  1. Oh my, that co ord is just perfect! This look is such a dream x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore the laser cut detailing and it's safe to say id wear this exact outfit, it is perfect chicka xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect as ever gorgeous lady!! My sister in co-ord style ;)

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of colour from the bag! Can't wait to see your other looks :-) xx

    lockettspockets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That co-ord is gorgeous! I really love your sunglasses as well

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. her late record on the WTA visit had been poor. Subsequent to losing to Naomi Broady in Auckland, an emotional match that she had various match focuses in, the youthful Latvian player had lost four of her last five matches.
    Source: top dog sports tennis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx