Tuesday 12 August 2014

ASOS Blogger Style Challenge: The Missguided Co-ord 5 ways - Look #2

Yesterday I wrote a post explaining how I had been challenged by ASOS to style a Missguided co-ord of my choice in five different ways. You can check out all of the looks right here on the ASOS Fashion Finder page or if you like the feeling of suspense I will be showing you all five looks separately throughout this week. Yesterday I posted my first look; a much more chic and ladylike take on the co-ord (which you can check out here). For my second look I wanted to toughen up the co-ord, with a grunge nineties feel.

I love playing around with outfits and making the most of every piece that I own. I really like juxtaposing masculine with feminine and wanted to show you guys how a delicate and girly piece like this co-ord can be styled in all different ways. I like taking a feminine piece and toughening it up with some chunky boots and a leather or denim jacket. It automatically changes the whole feel of the co-ord and then you've got yourself a far more casual, chuck on and go, look. 
I bought these boots really recently in H&M. Oh my, these boots. So ugly, yet to me so bloody beaut. Will my ugly shoe obsession ever cease? I sincerely hope not. I spotted them earlier this year and was so tempted to buy them. However, I felt too guilty at the time (clearly bought too much already that day) and so stepped away. I instantly regretted this, though, and went back a a couple of weeks later to find they had all gone and were nowhere to be seen online either.  So when I spotted these a couple of weeks ago in my store, in my size and the only pair left, it seemed to me like a sign from the gods - and who messes with the gods? If they want me to wear these shoes, i'm going to wear these shoes. They are so unbelievably comfortable, add a little height in the form of a chunky cleated sole (ahhh) and look great with a pair of girly frilly socks. Yet again mixing the masculine with the feminine. 


I then chucked on my oversized levi denim jacket, my black backpack and some gold chains and I was ready to go. I really like this look and it is definitely a perfect go-to outfit. Missguided have got so many co-ords in at the moment and really affordable so I would definitely check them out if you're interested. Each time I go to find the link to this co-ord for my posts I end up being distracted for a good half an hour checking them all out. Bah! Someone stop me! 
What do you guys think of this look? Watch out for look #3 tomorrow!

Julia x
TOP & SKIRT - c/o Missguided, JACKET - Urban Outfitters, Boots - H&M, Bag - TK Maxx, Sunglasses - Monki

7 comments :

  1. I love the style of this outfit as I much prefer a tougher take on girly!

    blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely look, those boots are beaut too! xx

    lockettspockets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this one!! The boots are so cool! Perfectly styled!!

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the loveliest, such a gorgeous outfit x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boots <3 <3 I love toughing delicate pieces up with chunky boots and denim/leather jackets!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this look! :)

    www.hannahjanewilliams.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as your holidays approach, You may very easily receive high-end balls Mask inside medieval settings IN ADDITION TO foods scheduled of approximately town. these kinds of events necessitate that you should wear an costume AND ALSO the mask to be able to conceal your current identities. How Should you Pick out your own mask?For lightening face one can use face masks developed at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx