Wednesday 13 August 2014

ASOS Blogger Style Challenge: The Missguided Co-ord 5 ways - Look #3


Hello lovelies!

This is going to be a rather short and sweet one for me today as i'm about to head off to watch Guardians of the Galaxy - geek! Here is my third look for the ASOS blogger style challenge (you can check out all five looks on ASOS Fashion Finder here). This time I decided to style the top separately with a completely different skirt. I wanted to show how one of the best things about a co-ord is the versatility. They can be styled together or separately with various pieces, ending up with an array of different looks.
I found it really difficult to pick the bottom half that I wanted to style this with as pretty much everything went with it. However, I decided on this skirt as I think that the bright pop of green makes the top stand out even more and completely draws the eye. I think the skirt speaks for itself and so I wanted to keep the rest of the outfit very clean, opting for purely white crisp tones. 
I love the ladylike feel of this look with the wide midi, 50s style skirt and cat eye sunglasses. However, I made sure to tone down the dressy feel of the outfit with my new white backpack and chunky cleated (and very comfortable) heels.  This is definitely a strong go-to outfit for me on a summers day, wandering around town or catching lunch with friends, where I want to look smart and yet not too overdressed. 
Sorry about the not so great quality of these photos by the way. Sometimes my camera on a tripod works brilliantly but other times it decides that it would rather focus of the background than on me. The cheek! However, I can't really tell until they are on the computer and by then it's most likely dark outside or i'm in my pajamas drinking tea (or off to watch a geeky film), so re-shooting is mostly a no. I really need some poor sod to just sit there and focus the camera for me (or better yet take them for me) whilst I stand in front but sadly I am yet to find said poor sod. Anyone out there looking for a job? I will pay you with awkward poses and apple pie.

 Outfit #4 will be up tomorrow, so look out for that!


Julia x
TOP - c/o Missguided, Skirt - Topshop (sale), BACKPACK - Urban Outfitters, SHOES - Chicwish

10 comments :

  1. I adore the colour of your skirt! I have loved seeing the different ways that you've styled this co-ord x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of your skirt, really liked this post + the photography x
    Katherine Rosie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing skirt, it makes your tan look amazing too! loving this series btw xx

    lockettspockets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveee this one! You pull off that skirt so so welll!!! Stunning!

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colour of that skirt!

    Hayley x

    www.fashionwilleatitself.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you styled this top with the unexpected bright green skirt! The backpack is a nice touch too!
    xx
    Meg

    http://www.struttinginskinnies.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek, really like this outfit! The top looks perfect with the bright green skirt.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking amazing, the color combination of your dress is very unique and cool. you are looking very pretty and gorgeous in this dress.
    Dressy Tops UK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx