Sunday 24 August 2014

Happy Bank Holiday!

Hello lovelies!

Here's an outfit i've been channeling a lot recently! I bought these longline shorts in the Topshop sale a few weeks back and love them! They are super chic and I think they are such a unique piece that you can dress both up and down. I wore these to the ASOS and Urban Outfitters blogger event I went to last month and got lots of lovely compliments for them so that's always good!
I really love the style of these with the overlapping flap (really wish a better word would spring to mind) across the front, giving the illusion that they could be a skirt. They are the closest thing i've ventured to culottes this season even though I really like the look of them so I have no idea why I haven't bought a pair! I now feel with Autumn around the corner maybe it's not worth it - although I think a black pair can look so chic with a pair of heels and a lace crop or blouse for the evening, so maybe i'll still invest. 

I paired them with my relaxed Monki tee (an item I need to go and buy in every colour) and trusty leather jacket. I know I wear this jacket all the time but I swear i've never properly chatted about it. It's probably one of, if not the, nicest items of clothing I own. I got it for christmas from my parents and was so surprised because I don't think I had told them how much I wanted a real leather jacket. Plus the fact it's from All Saints which is the queen of leather jackets and the style is exactly what they wanted. They both clearly have a great eye!
 For my shoes i'm wearing my ASOS silver mules I nabbed in the sale. They are super comfortable and I want to try and wear them as much as possible before summer ends! I really like this outfit as it's pretty relaxed but then smart at the same time. It would definitely be a great transitional outfit if you need to make a quick change before heading out for the night by just swapping the top and bag. 

I can't believe it's the last bank holiday of the year and I have made NO plans. I can't remember the last time I haven't planned to do something at a weekend so this feels very odd. However, I really need to save some dollar so it's actually probably a good plan. Shame sunbathing definitely isn't on the cards though. Shortest summer ever!? What are you guys up to for it?

Julia x
Leather Jacket - All Saints (xmas present), TOP - Monki, Shorts - Topshop (sale), SHOES and Sunglasses - ASOS, Backpack - TK Maxx, NECKLACE - H&M

37 comments :

  1. Those shorts are a gorgeous fit and length, I love them! They'd look so nice dressed up on a night out too :)
    I've not made any plans for the bank holiday either as I'm working so it's just going to be a chilled a night in with a pizza for me tonight haha!

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Yeah - they are definitely a great transitional piece. Ahh shame you were working but still sounds pretty ideal to me. Pizza is always a good idea! Hope you had a good one xx

      Delete
  2. I love those shorts, the length is just right! They are super chic as well. Loving the shoes!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. in love with those shorts! what a find!
    Amy xx

    www.twoshoesonepair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I know - sales are my best friend x

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit! Just started following your blog sweet and love it so far :)!
    Hope you have a lovely bank holiday weekend!
    Lydia x
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks so much lovely. Really love your blog so that's so nice to hear! xx

      Delete
  5. those shorts look so good on you! brilliant outfit :-) xx

    lockettspockets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is freakin' insane Julia, so dang beautiful x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. These shorts look as good in real life as they do in photos!! Super gorgeous!

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit, can't go wrong with a leather jacket!
    http://holliefrances.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These shorts are amazing! Want them x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you about these shorts, they look so chic and can definitely be dressed up or down! I love how you paired it with the casual tee and fierce motorcycle jacket, you look so chic :)

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing I don't love about this outfit, I need those shorts in my life!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the culottes!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah - those shorts are divine on you! I wouldn't have thought to style them like this.

    xo,
    Lela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice outfit :)

    www.pattonfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shorts look fab with those mules~

    LIVE . IN . LOVE

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this skirt, looks so classy!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so adorable! Amazing outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This outfit is honestly amazing! <3 I love your leather jacket so much and it looks amazing paired with those perfect shorts!

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look soooo beautiful in those shorts, i can see why you got lots of compliments! love how youve styled these
    xx
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your outfit is amazing, love the shorts!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look gorgeous and polished in this outfit!

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look cool from head to toe!

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a chic out fit for such a natural background, I love the contrast!
    Love for us to follow each other <3

    http://fashionandfiona.blogspot.co.uk/

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  24. love this look!
    Tali
    www.thepisceswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this whole look! It's very versatile!

    XoXo Shea L. -----> Kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a gorgeous look! I love it :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx